POOR WEATHER POSTPONES OPENING QUALIFYING SESSION
Gary Thompson has confirmed that the opening qualifying session has been cancelled due to low lying mist across the Mountain section of the course.
The session had been due to commence on Saturday evening with the Newcomers' Speed Controlled Lap for solo and sidecar competitors getting underway from 18:20, and the opening Supersport and Lightweight session beginning at 18:40. With poor visibility and inclement weather showing little sign of improvement, Thompson announced the session was to be cancelled at around 15:15.
The opening qualifying session will now take place tomorrow (Sunday 26th May) to the following schedule:
- 11.45: Mountain closes Barrule Park Ramsey to Bungalow
- 12.00: Mountain closes Bungalow to Creg Ny Baa
- 13.00: All roads closed
- 13.30: Solo Newcomers’ speed controlled lap
- 13.35: Sidecar Newcomers' speed controlled lap
- 13.50: Start Supersport / Lightweight Practice
- 17.30: Roads open except Mountain section
- 18.30: All roads open
Tickets for the 2019 events are now on sale via the Official iomttraces.com website including Official Grandstand Tickets, VIP Hospitality Experiences, and Official Entertainment Events. You can stay up to date with all the latest TT news by subscribing to the Official Isle of Man TT Races Newsletter.
Images courtesy of Dave Kneen/Pacemaker Press