With the Isle of Man offering a wide range of hotels from newer modern hotels with spas, to more traditional guest house B&Bs, more TT fans are opting for hotel stays than before. Most of the larger towns across the Island have some hotel accommodation along their seafronts, especially in Douglas, where the promenade becomes a de-facto bike park for the TT fortnight.
Douglas Promenade is a popular spot for TT fans to reside
With such a variety of hotel accommodation available, you can decide whether you want a hotel with all the bells and whistles to get the full holiday experience between racing, or you can go for a more basic option which may well house several other TT fans for a more raw authentic TT racing trip.
Many will provide you the choice of whether to opt for B&B or room only, and plenty have onsite or nearby restaurants for you to eat there as and when you choose.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT TT HOTEL
- When choosing your ideal hotel, double check the location to make sure you can get in and out easily if it is in or on the course.
- Many hotels are from the Victorian era so make sure that they offer a level of accessibility that suits your needs.
- If you are coming with your bike, be sure to check that there is suitable bike parking nearby.
- If you want to go out and sample some of the local alcohol, make sure you know how to reach your hotel afterwards. Staying in a more upmarket hotel out of town might not suit your social plans.
- What facilities does the hotel have? Will you want to use them when you’re not watching the racing or do you plan on spending every second immersed in the TT experience?
Hotels fill up fast during the TT fortnight so make sure to book early
If you want to know more about hotels on the Island, check out Visit Isle of Man’s website who have a list of all the options available.
SHOULD I STAY IN DOUGLAS?
Staying in Douglas can be beneficial because most of the Island’s hotels are situated there, and it’s easy to reach the TT Grandstands and Monster Energy Fan Park from the city centre. However, the rest of the Island’s towns offer other types of hotel accommodation which may suit better, and there are good bus connections between the major towns and the TT hotspots during TT week.
Our Approved Travel Partners have deals with many hotels on the Island so if you want to book your accommodation and travel in one, check them out.