SIDECAR TOP 10 ANNOUNCED
With the Superbike, Senior, and Supersport start numbers already revealed for the 2022 Isle of Man TT Races, today the top 10 drivers and passengers for the two 3wheeling.media Sidecar Races have been announced.
It’s as-you-were at number 1, with Ben and Tom Birchall once again leading the charge on their Haith Honda. With ten wins already to their name, they’re hot favourites to increase that tally in June and, perhaps, also set the first ever three-wheel 120mph lap of the TT Mountain Course.
Ten seconds later, regular rival John Holden will get his race underway but the Barnes Racing veteran has switched from Honda to Yamaha power whilst he’s also joined by TT debutante, Jason Pitt.
The same applies to 2013 winner Tim Reeves at number 3, who also has a newcomer alongside him on the Rich Energy Bonovo Action Yamaha, Frenchman Kevin Rousseau.
Behind them will come 17-time winner Dave Molyneux, one of the drivers to take advantage of the new rules that will allow 900cc parallel twins to compete. He’ll be on board the 890cc DMR KTM with new passenger Daryl Gibson.
At number 5 are regular podium contenders Pete Founds and Jevan Walmsley on board their FHO Racing outfit; competing under the same banner as Peter Hickman as team owner Faye Ho ventures into the sidecar world for the first time.
Founds will have brother Alan breathing down his neck at number 6 on the Spartan Automotive/Indelible Ink Yamaha. He’ll also have his regular passenger, Jake Lowther, in the chair.
Next to mount their challenge will be hot prospects and the sensations of 2019, Ryan and Callum Crowe. Winners of the 2019 RST Stars of Tomorrow Award, the Crowe’s will be backed by Haven Homes but have switched from the three-cylinder Triumph engine to 4-cylinder Honda power.
Exciting newcomers Lee Crawford and Harry Payne start at numbers 12 and 15 where there’ll be partnered by Scott Hardie and Mark Wilkes respectively. Leading female contender Estelle Leblond and passenger Clement Carre go between them at number 14.
Further down the order, Michael Russell starts at 27 as he makes his three-wheel debut on the Mountain Course and looks to become just the second person in history to compete in every race.
THE TOP 10 ENTRIES FOR THE 3WHEELING.MEDIA SIDECAR RACES
1. Ben Birchall/Tom Birchall – Haith Honda, LCR Honda
2. John Holden/Jason Pitt* – Barnes Racing, LCR Yamaha
3. Tim Reeves/Kevin Rousseau* – RICH Energy Bonovo Action Racing, LCR Yamaha
4. Dave Molyneux/Daryl Gibson – DMR, DMR KTM
5. Peter Founds/Jevan Walmsley – FHO Racing, LCR Honda
6. Alan Founds/Jake Lowther – Spartan Automotive/Indelible Ink, LCR Yamaha
7. Ryan Crowe/Callum Crowe – Haven Homes, LCR Honda
8. Lewis Blackstock/Patrick Rosney – DAO Racing/Express Tyre Service, LCR Honda
9. Conrad Harrison/Andrew Winkle – Town Garage, Horsforth, Bellas Honda
10. Gary Bryan/Philip Hyde – SMC Groundworks, Baker Honda